Servant Leadership is based on the principles and writings of Robert K. Greenleaf. It commences with the notion that leadership is first and foremost about followers. It is not about the leader.
This means that the role of the leader is to serve their followers so that they can be the best that they can be. To achieve this desired outcome, Servant Leaders approach their role from a very different perspective to traditional leaders.
Servant Leaders understand the power that comes with formal leadership. They also understand that the power they possess does not define them as being more evolved as a human than their followers. They understand that their followers are equal human beings; they simply have different roles to perform.
At the conclusion of this workshop students will:
- Understand how a Servant Leader perceives an organisation’s structure;
- Deeply understand the ten characteristics of a Servant Leader;
- Be aware of how Servant Leadership is being successfully used in a wide range of organisations, including for profit enterprises; and
- Understand the ‘best test’ that determines the effectiveness of a Servant Leader.
- 3 hour workshop series
- Or completed over one day