Collective Inquiry is the name I use for the process to help people manage complex challenges and identify practical actions they can apply to either resolve or lessen the impact of the challenge.
The process enables the collective wisdom of the participants to be surfaced, which builds trust and facilitates ownership of the eventual actions. Please give it a go and let me know what you think in the comments.
Collective Inquiry is summarised in the following seven steps, each of which are explained in more detail, below:
- Get the “right” people in the room
- Identify existing challenges and select the one that will create the most significant benefit if resolved or lessened
- Consider why the challenge exists
- Consider “what if...” scenarios and select the one that will have the most significant positive effect on the challenge
- Identify how you will bring your preferred “what if…” scenario to life
- Identify actions
- Take action
Continue reading How to use Collective Inquiry to take effective action