Harvard University researchers Boris Groysberg and Robin Abrahams have recently released the findings of their research that involved almost 4,000 executives worldwide. Their article Manage Your Work, Manage Your Life (Harvard Business Review March 2014 p.p. 58-66) identifies key factors that are addressed by the Yes For Success 10 Module Program (keep in mind that the Yes For Success program has evolved since March 2007). Here are some of their key findings with the corresponding Yes For Success Module(s) that address that finding:
- Define Success For Yourself – This is what the Yes For Success Program is about and specifically it is in Module 5 you get to put your definition down on paper
- Managing Technology – One of the Bonus programs inside the Yes For Success Platform is the 21 Module Yes For Career Success program where several modules are dedicated to helping you better use technology in the context of managing your time and achieving high performance
- Building Support Networks – Module 2 of the Yes For Success program includes a section on identifying your Personal Success Team, which is 100% about creating a support network
- Traveling or Relocating Selectively – Module 5 includes a section that helps you to find the role that travel will play in your life, including the possibility of having multiple ‘homes’
- Collaborating With Your Partner – Modules 2 and 5 address this issue, as does the specific actions that you identify in Module 8. If you don’t have a current partner, but want one, Yes For Success can help with that issue too (we have had weddings happen as a result of people executing their plans – including actions to find love!)
- There Are Multiple Routes To Success – once again all 10 Modules re-enforce this concept, while enabling you to follow a simple step by step process to identify your own answer and route to success. In addition, while everyone’s route to success is unique, it doesn’t mean that you can’t learn from the success of other people – Yes For Success is a community where members share their strategies that are enabling them to create success
- Life happens – Module 9 includes a section on what to do when ‘life happens’ and things get in the way of you executing your plan
My own experience of facilitating the Yes For Success Program is that it works. The seven key points identified in the Harvard research are all addressed through the program. Find out more about the Yes For Success Program here.
Gary Ryan enables leaders and their teams to move Beyond Being Good™.